- Identify a moment in your life that made you feel like you had superpowers. What did you do exceptionally well? How did circumstances change as a result of your actions?
Um. I don’t know. I was totally calm and laughing when locked into a ship museum for the night and took it as a fun adventure. I’m pretty unexpectedly good in many crises when others panic and am always stunned by this.
- When you’re feeling powerful, what song best motivates you?
I don’t usually feel powerful.
- What is your spirit animal?
- How has water impacted your life?
I love water very much and have spent many happy hours in it.
- What would you like to go back and tell a teacher from your past?
Thank you for thinking I was more capable than I was. It made a difference.
- Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
Go travel to a warm country right now. Go tell absolutely every relevant person I know what I truly think and feel regarding them. Sell my flat and move elsewhere.
- If time flies, what does dreaming do?
- What colors are your thoughts?
Flaming red right now.
- Outside of your family, who is someone that has made a difference in your life?
Everyone’s that mattered anything to me has had an impact.
- If people knew the real you, what would they think?
What a poor lost girl, or depending on their empathy levels, what a git.
- What fantastical creature would you like to have come alive?
- Are there any political issues that interest you?
Trees and not cutting them down. Animal and plant protection and welfare. Is that political?
- What is special about the town or towns you grew up in?
Quite a lot of nature and possibilities for solitude.
- What sounds irritate you?
Chalk on the board, of course. I’m not keen on traffic noise or leaf blowers either.
- What is your favorite activity to do in the snow?
I’d like to have one of those old-fashioned push sleighs(?) and have some fun with that.
- When is your most productive time of day?
Morning or late evening.
- Have you ever been addicted to something?
Food (sweets and crisps)
- Is life fair?
I doubt that but it might be to some.
- What goals and aspirations do you hope to fulfill in the next year?
Write something good. Smell flowers in May and experience calm again. Make someone a little happier by my existence.
- In a natural disaster, what three things would you grab first?
Depends where I was. This question isn’t very good.
- What role does religion play in your life?
I pray when there’s nothing else one can do, like when someone’s seriously ill. Otherwise I’m not religious.
- If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be? What would you want to do or discuss with this character?
I’d like to meet Anne Shirley and Dora and be best friends with both of them at the same time. Anne would be the leader, I’d be the middle one and Dora to balance us both out and charm me to bits with her sweetness.
I’d also like to meet Pierre Bezukhov and Andrey Bolkonsky together and discuss life with them, being once again the middle one in outlook between the two. My natural tendency is with the Pierres, but I have a mind like Andrey, so this seems like great fun to be part of their debate.
- As a child, who is/was your favorite relative?
- Describe your first dance.
It must have happened in the kindergarten when we had some event there. I think I was embarrassed and awkward and hated it.
- When is the first time you felt truly independent or older than your age?
- Is it more important to be right or to be honest?
Neither. The two seem incomparable.
- What old, worn out thing can you simply not part with?
There’s a ton of them. I got a special pencil, for example, that my primary school love used to borrow from me. It was enormously precious to me. He had touched it and this was very meaningful in those days. And then my grandmother took it for herself one day, thinking it’s an old unnecessary shabby thing she could easily borrow and no one would miss. At the time I didn’t know she had taken it. I assumed it had got lost. I only found out later after my grandmother had died, then I saw it in her sewing box. It’s blue, with yellow flowers on it and it always reminds me of these two people now.
- What messages do you keep repeating to yourself?
God give me strength.
- What ethical dilemmas have you faced?
Too complicated for this hour and this survey.
- Are you proud of your accomplishments?
If put like this, yes.
- If a photographer were to capture you in your most emotional moment, what would they see?
Depends on the kind of emotional moment. Red nose and tears, or gleeful twirling.
- How do male and female roles differ in your family?
I don’t understand the question.
- Have you ever felt like the minority in a group setting?
When haven’t I? The rare times I don’t are experiences to remember with a warm feeling.
- Have you experienced racism, sexism, or other kinds of discrimination?
Yes, of course, but not as much as there seems to be about.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
Difficult choice. I have worn some outrageous things. Baby blue stockings. White stockings with a mini skirt. All white skirt and top with Victorian style boots. Wearing shorts to school seems like an embarrassing choice too in hindsight but at least it looked alright compared to the other tastelessness. I miss that really.